1. ABOUT US
The program provides interns with the opportunity to gain experiences in the role of midwives at one of the practice hospitals of Thai Nguyen University of Medicine and Pharmacy. The interns will have an insight into the practice of midwives as working closely with obstetricians, obstetric nurses and midwives at Obstetrics and Gynecology Ward.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
Under instruction and supervision, the midwife interns are given the chances to
1. Give the necessary supervision, care and advice to women during pregnancy, labor and the postpartum period.
2. Provide full antenatal care in the hospital.
3. Provide counselling and advice before and after screening and tests.
4. Assist deliveries and care for the newborn infant.
5. Manage complications in pregnancy and childbirth, in accordance with the principles of basic emergency obstetric care.
6. Identify high risk pregnancies and making referrals to doctors and other medical specialists.
7. Provide support and advice following events such as miscarriage, termination, stillbirth, neonatal abnormality and neonatal death.
8. Give support and advice on the daily care of the baby, including breastfeeding, bathing and making up feeds.
9. Provide all non-surgical methods of family planning, and counselling for surgical methods.
10. Follow established health center policies, procedures and objectives; safety, environmental, and infection prevention standards.
The program may last from 2 weeks to 10 weeks (between September – January or March – June every year)
40 US dollars/internship week (40 hours/week)
• Be currently enrolled in an official midwifery program
• Completed previous courses
• Be recommended by the current enrolled school/institution
• Be influent in speaking English
Individuals who meet the eligibility criteria may apply for the internship.
• Application form
• Recommendation letter from the current enrolled school
• Current copy of school transcript
• Scan of passport
MIDWIFERY INTERNS AT TUMP
For questions and application, please contact:
Office of International Cooperation.
Thai Nguyen University of Medicine and Pharmacy
284 Luong Ngoc Quyen str., Thai Nguyen City, Vietnam.
Tel: +84 208 3 900585