DEPARTMENT OF SURGERY
Department of Surgery consists of 19 staff, of which 18 are lecturers and one is the official staff. 14/18 lecturers have postgraduate qualifications, specifically:
- 01 Associate Professor;
- 04 Doctors of Philosophy;
- 04 Specialist Doctors;
- 05 Masters of Science;
Currently, there are five medical doctors studying a doctoral course.
2. Teaching responsibilities
Undergraduate training: Department of Surgery is responsible for managing and training courses of surgery for students of Medicine, Preventive Medicine, and Odonto-Stomatology.
Graduate training: The Department has been training a number of programs, including Residency in Surgery, Master in Surgery, Specialist Doctor level I and II in Surgery, as well as providing surgery courses for graduate learners in Obstetrics, Pediatrics, Anesthesia and Resuscitation, Imaging Diagnosis.
Continuous Medical Education: The Department also organizes short-term training courses according to social needs, recently including Basic laparoscopic surgery, basic bone matching surgery, and others.
3. Areas of expertise
The Department covers specialized areas of surgery, including the following:
- Neurosurgery: Along with common surgery, microsurgery and minimally invasive surgery are being performed routinely:
+ Provide treatment and surgery for cranial trauma, cranial injury, brain tumor, brain abscess, cranioplasty, hydrocephalus, and others.
+ Provide conservative treatment and operation for spinal trauma, and herniated disc.
- Cardiothoracic surgery: including open surgery and endoscopic surgery to treat:
+ Chest trauma and chest injuries, pleural residue, cardiac trauma, cardiac injuries, and blood vessel trauma and injuries.
+ Lung tumors and pleural tumors, mediastinal tumors.
+ Cardiovascular defects, heart valve disease, cardiomyopathy
- Urinary surgery: including open surgery, endoscopic surgery, minimally invasive surgery to treat urolithiasis, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney tumor, adrenal adenoma, and bladder cancer.
- Orthopedic surgery:
+ Bone-matching surgery in trauma, hip replacement, knee replacement
+ Endoscopic surgery to treat joint injuries and diseases
+ Surgery to connect severed limb, plastic surgery, and orthopedic surgery
- Gastrointestinal surgery: Abdominal surgery and laparoscopic surgery to treat gastric perforation, gastric cancer, colon cancer, hepatobiliary disease, pancreatic resection, surgical emergency diseases of the abdomen.
- Pediatric surgery: Open surgery and laparoscopic surgery for the treatment of digestive diseases and defects and shaping genital urinary defects
- Scientific Research:
+ The Department has implemented research to evaluate the application of minimally invasive surgery in the treatment of surgical diseases such as (1) Microsurgery for brain tumor, disc herniation surgery; (2) Laparoscopic surgery for ligament reconstruction; (3) Endoscopic surgery to treat diseases of the stomach, colon, and biliary tract; (4) Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy, upstream endoscopic surgery to dissolve urinary stones, to treat bladder cancer; (5) Surgery to treat digestive defects, pediatric urinary malformations; (6) Surgery to treat congenital heart defects,…
+ Future research direction: Laparoscopic surgery to treat digestive cancer, urinary cancer, surgery of pancreatic diseases, minimally invasive surgery in spinal trauma, microsurgery to treat peripheral nerve damage, heart surgery in low weight children, laparoscopic surgery to remove kidneys from living donors for transplant, kidney transplant.
4. High technology/special services/Lab system
The Department has involved in performing kidney transplant surgery; implementing open-heart surgery regularly; providing endoscopic surgery for the treatment of joint diseases, joint trauma, ligament, joint replacement; and doing micro-surgery to treat central nervous system diseases.
5. Leadership information and contact:
Office: 7th floor, 11-storey building, Thai Nguyen University of Medicine and Pharmacy
- Phone: (+84) 208 3840655
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Department Contact Info
DEPARTMENT OF SURGERY
7th floor, 11-storey building,
Thai Nguyen University of Medicine and Pharmacy
284 Luong Ngoc Quyen str.,
Thai Nguyen City, Thai Nguyen province, Vietnam
(+84) 208 3840655